Learning Lab #49
Metaphors have long provided safe harbour for clients to explore sensitive or challenging topics within Coaching.
The psychologist David Grove highlighted the transformative power of metaphors in therapy. He recognised that metaphors can provide a direct path to the unconscious mind. His work continues to shape the field of metaphor therapy to this day.
In our own humble way, we’ll embrace the topic, exploring how metaphor can support our own practice, and the goals of our clients.
Join us as we swim out past the harbour wall and dive in metaphoric seas. We’ll explore shallows and the deep. We’ll be surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving through the topic.
By the end of this Learning Lab you will better understand:
- The power and potential of Metaphor in Coaching
- How we can ‘play’ with Metaphor
- Your own relationship with Metaphor
We'll do this through:
- Exercising and toning our Metaphorical Muscles
- Interacting and sharing with fellow practitioners
- Stimulating conversation to carry forward into our work
Inspired by this Learning Lab content?
If you would you like to run a Learning Lab like this in your organisation please email email@example.com and we can talk through the next steps.