Our flagship Intensive Coaching Skills (ICS) Programme is designed both for people within organisations who are looking to improve their coaching skills, as well as individuals working towards becoming professional coaches. It is also an important first step for more established coaches who want to work towards a professional qualification or benchmark their practice against peers.
What Is It?
With the support of expert coach tutors, the ICS will introduce you to the key coaching principles and skills required to build successful coaching relationships.
By combining real-issue demonstrations with lots of opportunities to practice, you’ll quickly gain the insights and tools required for immediate application.
The course continually evolves based on participant feedback and in line with our key objective - to give you the confidence to be able to handle anything from a 5-minute corridor conversation to a structured series of coaching sessions.
How It Works
The course is delivered in either a 2 x 2-day module or 1 x 4-day module format. Whichever format you choose, you are guaranteed a safe and fun environment where you will learn as much from each other as you do from the facilitators.
You’ll also receive detailed feedback throughout the course including assessor feedback at the end of a real coaching session.
Many of our ICS Alumni go on to complete further professional qualifications in coaching with us and successfully coach senior leaders as internal coaches or independent coaches.
On completion of the programme you will be able to confidently run your own coaching sessions.
This will include:
- Contracting with and maintaining a strong partnership with clients
- Building rapport, trust and psychological safety
- Setting programme and session goals
- Managing the coaching process
- Listening at depth and asking powerful questions that enable change
- Using appropriate tools and techniques on a range of relationship and behaviour issues
- Exploring values and underlying motivation
- Handling strong emotion in the coaching room
- Working with clients to move them to action and accountability
Course dates for the remainder of 2020 include:
ICS 3 21 - 24 September
ICS 4.1 17 - 18 November
ICS 4.2 8 - 9 December
*These courses will definitely take place. If face-to-face training is not possible, we will run them virtually.*
Contact Sarah Campbell on +44 (0)20 7928 4841 or email@example.com to book a place for you or a team member.