What Is It?
With the support of expert coach tutors, the ICS will introduce you to the key coaching principles and skills required to build successful coaching relationships.
By combining real-issue demonstrations with lots of opportunities to practice, you’ll quickly gain the insights and tools required for immediate application.
The course continually evolves based on participant feedback and in line with our key objective - to give you the confidence to be able to handle anything from a 5-minute corridor conversation to a structured series of coaching sessions.
How It Works
The four-day programme is delivered in two formats:
- A single module lasting four days. This is run face-to-face.
- Two 2-day modules a few weeks apart. These modules are either face-to-face or online.
By offering these options we hope to cater for everyone who wishes to attend.
Both formats cover the same material and include some preparatory and evening work. The final day includes our long-established benchmarking assessment giving you expert feedback on a real coaching session.
Many of our ICS Alumni go on to complete further professional qualifications in coaching with us and successfully coach senior leaders as internal coaches or independent coaches.
On completion of the programme you will be able to confidently run your own coaching sessions. This will include:
- Contracting with and maintaining a strong partnership with clients
- Building rapport, trust and psychological safety
- Setting programme and session goals
- Managing the coaching process
- Listening at depth and asking powerful questions that enable change
- Using appropriate tools and techniques on a range of relationship and behaviour issues
- Exploring values and underlying motivation • Handling strong emotion in the coaching room
- Working with clients to move them to action and accountability
Standard Price: £2,400 (+VAT)
Self-funding Individual's Price: £2,000 (+VAT)